WELCOME TO THE
2014 HARVEST HOCKEY FIELD HOCKEY TOURNAMENT
NOVEMBER 1-2, 2014
Fallston Dream Team
Howard Stampede Purple Passion
POSTED: OCTOBER 31, 2014
Hi Coaches, Players, and Parents-
As all of you are aware the weather tomorrow is looking to be cold, windy, and rainy. Aloha Tournaments believes playing in these conditions would not be in the best interest for the girls. We want the girls to have a great experience at Harvest Hockey and not be miserable while playing. In addition, we don’t want to risk any injuries by playing on wet fields or fields that have been damaged by the rain. Even a few hours of wet play on Saturday could ruin the fields for play on Sunday.
That being said, we have decided to make Harvest Hockey a one day event to be played on Sunday only. Please take the time to review the changes below in red.
1. We will have 4 full size fields at the Fairgrounds and at Garrison.
2. 7/8 A, 5/6 A and 5/6 B will play all games at Garrison. These games will be regulation games starting on the 50 minute interval.
3. 7/8 B and 7/8 C will play all games at the Fairgrounds. These will be regulation games starting on the 50 minute interval.
4. 3/4 will play all games on the 2 smaller fields at the Fairgrounds. These will be 35 minute games. There will be a one minute halftime, 17 minutes in, at which time teams will change ends. Each team will have one timeout. These games will start on the 40 minute interval.
5. All divisions will play to a championship. Trophies will be awarded to the first and second place team in each division.
We are trying to be proactive to prevent players, parents and fans from getting up at 4:00 AM on Saturday to check schedules again and again. We are also trying to get the news to everyone early to allow players to enjoy Halloween and all the fun that goes with it. If it ends up being bright and sunny on Saturday we hope you enjoy your day knowing that we tried our best.
Harvest Hockey t-shirts will be on sale at both the Fairgrounds and Garrison Forest School throughout the tournament.
Please take a look at the updated posted schedule here. If you have any questions please let me know. Please don't forget to move your clocks back 1 hour on Saturday Night.We look forward to seeing everyone Sunday.