Girls Beach Lax Rules 2021
All Aloha Tournament events are smoke free, pet free and alcohol free events. No grills, generators, noisemakers (air horns, whistles, sirens, cowbells, etc.) are allowed. Offenders will be asked to leave the field. Thank you for respecting our fans and players!
All parents and spectators must sit 4 meters (space permitting) from the sidelines on the opposite side of the field from the players and coaches. Please clear the fields promptly after the game to allow for the next contest to start on time.
Any player, fan, coach ejected from a game will be prohibited from competing in /coaching / watching his/her team's next game. If a player, fan, coach is ejected for a second time he/she will be disqualified from the tournament.
Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to advance to the playoffs.
Forfeits will be considered a 4-2 victory for the team that is prepared to play.
Decisions on the field will be the final ruling. No disputes will be heard after the game.
Club Girls Rules
All rules will be in accordance with NFHS 2020 Women's Lacrosse rules (including self-start at all levels) with the following modifications:
- Playing time will consist of a 25 minute running time game.
- Officials will keep score and control the time for these games. Games will start promptly. Teams should be ready to play.
- Each team will receive one (1) 30-second time out with possession or after a goal, at which time the clock will stop. If a team does not return to the field in a prompt manner after the timeout they will either lose possession of the ball or be assessed a delay of game penalty.
- There will be no overtime. At the end of the game, if the whistle has already blown to stop play for a major foul in the arc, a free position will be set up on the 8 meter arc and one shot, no pass, no rebound play will be permitted. In this case only, if play is stopped by another major foul, the play will reset.
- There will be no captains meeting or stick checks prior to the game. First alternate possession will go to the light colored uniform team.
- No noise makers will be allowed at any field (horns, whistles, sirens, cowbells, etc.) Offenders will be asked to leave the field.
- Fighting is an automatic ejection from the game, and will be determine by the officiating crew of that game
- Forfeits will be considered a 4-1 victory for the team that is prepared to play.
- Decisions on the field will be the final ruling. No disputes will be heard after the game.
- Opposing teams are prohibited from post-game handshakes or crossing paths on the field after a game.
- 8 vs 8 (2 attack, 2 defense, 3 middies, 1 goalie)
- The four goal rule will be in effect - if a team is leading by 4 or more goals, the draw will be eliminated and the ball awarded to the trailing team at midfield.
- There will be a 2 pass requirement; resets at center line; goalie clear counts as a pass.
- No stick checking as defined in Rule 13 pg. 71 NFHS Rulebook
- The 3 second closely guarded rule will be in effect.*
- Follow-through into the goal circle on shot is not permitted.
- No kicking the ball in field of play.
- No triple teaming permitted. Double teaming is ok.
11U, 13U, 2028, 2029/30
- There will be modified checking below the shoulder.
- The 3 second closely guarded rule will be in effect.*
- No pass requirement.
- No four goal differential possession at center.
- Follow-through into goal circle on shot not permitted.
2025, 2026, 2027
- There will be full checking permitted.
- No pass requirement.
- No four goal differential possession at center.
* The 3 second closely guarded rule: If a defensive player is within a legal checking position (two hands on the stick in a way that could produce a legal check) of the player with the ball for 3 seconds, the whistle will be blown and the defensive player awarded the ball (minor foul).
No deputy goalie allowed - no unprotected player is allowed in the goal circle at any time.
- No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
- No High School players are allowed on any team at any time. This includes Fresh/Soph, JV and Varsity players. Any team competing with High School players will forfeit all games in the tournament and will not be allowed to advance to the playoff rounds.
- 9U players must be born after August 31, 2011.
- 11U players must be born after August 31, 2009.
- 13U players must be born after August 31, 2007.
- 15U players must be born after August 31, 2005.
- Placement on a grade based team (2025, 2026, 2027, 2028,2029 and 2030/31) is dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team.
- Any violation of the tournament roster rules will result in forfeiture of any games in which the ineligible player participated and may result in disqualification from the tournament.
Points will be awarded after each game in the following manner:
- 5 points for a win
- 2 points for a tie
- 0 points for a loss
Divisional ties will be broken in the following manner and sequence:
- Head to head play
- Most wins
- Fewest goals allowed
- Total point differential in first five games (not to exceed +3 or -3 per game)
- Coin Toss (Team coming in second in the alphabet will call the coin toss)
Any playoff games that end in a tie will be decided by a sudden victory overtime period.
Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to compete in any playoff games.
All forfeits will be considered a 4-2 victory for the team that is prepared to play.
One referee at each game will hold the scorecard for the game. At the end of each game the referee will record the official score and sign the scorecard. An Aloha Tournaments representative will then pick up the scorecard and return it to the registration tent. All scores and point totals will be recorded on the scoreboard in front of the registration tent.
Step 1: Invite your coaches as STAFF - this way all communications can be recieved by all coaches and invites can be monitored for roster.
To do this, please visit your Aloha Dashboard and under 'My Staff Assignments' click the 'INVITE STAFF' button for your team(s) and enter staff person email - hit send. be sure to check that they have accepted their invte and are now listed as a coach on your dashboard.
Step 2: Invite your player's parents to join your team to complete waivers
- For your team to be eligible to participate in this tournament, you must invite all your players/parents to join the roster and complete their online waivers.
- To do this, please visit your Aloha Dashboard and under 'My Staff Assignments' click the 'INVITE PLAYERS' button for your team(s). (Be sure not to click 'INVITE STAFF')
- To invite all the players at once, you can copy and paste an entire column of emails from a spreadsheet, only submit one email per child. Otherwise, both parents will try to register the same child and it will mess up your roster.
- If you have twins on your roster, you will need to re-send an invitation to the same parent again after they have registered their first child.
- You can log back into your dashboard and keep track of how many parents have registered and also re-send the invitations if needed.
Step 3: Submit your Team Roster.
- From your dashboard click on your team’s name. On the left column click on ROSTER. You will see the following message: WARNING: PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ROSTER
- You may only submit this team’s roster once. Before you submit this roster, you must verify that all players have been sent and have accepted their invitation to join this team for this particular event.
- Once players begin to accept invites you will see the message change to: The following fields must be filled out before roster can be submitted: Jersey Number
- Each player will have a red incomplete button asking for jersey number. Click on EDIT under the player's name and enter jersey number.
- Once you have entered all your players jersey numbers, hit the SUBMIT ROSTER button at the top of the page.
If you need to make any changes to your roster after submitting or have questions please contact us at (410) 252-5642 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If additional players accept invitations, or are otherwise added to this team after your roster has been submitted and you have not notified us your team may be subject to disqualification for this event.
Aloha Tournaments is a proud partner of Be The Beast to provide recruiting video services to all our high school players. All games in the High School divisions will be filmed in HD from an elevated position. You can check them out at Events | BeTheBeast.
BTB Event Live+ App for Parents and Fans
Access the Live Streams and follow along with the team schedule and rosters. iPhone users can download the app from the App Store.
Android users can use the web version.
Parents/Fans can purchase the Live Stream here:
Any questions in regards to providing your teams ROSTER(S), please feel free to reach out to BeTheBeast Support via email@example.com
You can also purchase individual player clips by clicking here: BTB Recruiting House | Aloha Lacrosse Boys (bethebeast.com)
Apex Events is providing Aloha Tournaments with discounted hotel programs for all events this upcoming season. We ask that you book your rooms for each Aloha event through Apex Events, to help support the tournament and to ensure we can offer you the best hotels at the best rates each year. Apex Events will work to accommodate any special hotel requests that you may have.
Apex Events – Lacrosse Email and Tele
888-279-4685, Ext 2
All Aloha Tournament events are smoke free, pet free and alcohol free events. No grills, generators, drones, noisemakers or air horns are allowed. Thank you for respecting our fans and players!
Credit Policy & Refund Policy**
Involuntary Cancellation Policy – Weather, Facility Closure, COVID-19, etc.
Deposits are non-refundable for all Aloha Tournaments Lacrosse team events. Teams attending a Aloha Tournaments Lacrosse team event must pay an initial deposit with the full balance due in full 60 days prior to the event. If an event is involuntarily cancelled, teams paid in full will be offered a 90% credit or a 50% refund of their paid in full balance. Those teams not paid in full (deposit only or partial balance) will receive a 50% credit of the balance paid. Credits or refunds will be processed a minimum of 60 days after the event.Aloha Tournaments Lacrosse will not be responsible for any ancillary or related expenses incurred by any individual, team, club or organization if the tournament is canceled in whole or in part.
Voluntary Cancellation Policy – Team Chooses to Withdraw
Deposits are non-refundable for all Aloha Tournaments Lacrosse team events. Teams attending a Aloha Tournaments Lacrosse team event must pay an initial deposit with the final balance due in full 60 days prior to the event. If a team that has paid in full wishes to withdraw and submits a request at least 60 days prior to the scheduled event date, Aloha Tournaments Lacrosse will issue a full credit less the initial deposit amount or a full refund less the initial deposit amount. No credit or refund requests of any kind will be granted if a cancelation is made less than 60 days prior to the scheduled event date. Credits or refunds will be processed a minimum of 60 days after the date of the request to withdraw. Aloha Tournaments Lacrosse will not be responsible for any ancillary or related expenses incurred by any individual, team, club or organization if the team wishes to withdraw in whole or in part.
In the event of adverse weather conditions, the tournament director reserves the right to:
- Reduce the game times in order to catch up with the schedule or cancel games as needed
- Finish games before inclement weather arrives or to preserve field conditions.
- Reschedule games, if possible.
- Convert tournament to a "Festival" format without playoffs or championships to provide the majority of the teams the opportunity to play as many games as possible.
- Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the Aloha Tournaments website. However, weather conditions can change rapidly, and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather clears and fields are playable.
If thunder or lightning is observed at any location, play will be suspended immediately, and players and fans will be required to leave the field. Play will be allowed to resume 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder or sight of lightning is observed. If a game is in progress:
- The period will end immediately.
- If a game is in the second half of running time period the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded.
- If a game is in the first half of running time when play resumes it will be the start of the second half of the running time period.
- Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. If the start of the second half of the suspended game delays the onset of the subsequent game the following actions will occur:
- The suspended game will play a 20 minute running time second half.
Subsequent games will begin immediately after the preceding games (teams will warm up on the sideline prior to the game). These games will consist of one 25 minute running time period until games are back on schedule. Teams will have one 30 second timeout per game not to be used in the last two minutes of the game (the clock will not stop during these timeouts).
- Once games are back on schedule, they will revert back to 25 minute running time periods.
- We will make every attempt to play every minute of every game, but we will not jeopardize the safety of any player.
- All games canceled due to weather will be considered a 4 - 2 win for both teams.
- No refunds will be issues for any team that is disqualified due to a violation of roster or tournament rules.
- No refunds will be issued for games cancelled for forfeits, no shows, etc
- No refunds will be issued for games shortened or cancelled due to weather.
- No refunds will be issued for playoff or championship games canceled due to weather.