Rules of Play
All Aloha Tournament events are smoke free, pet free, and alcohol free events. No grills, generators, noisemakers or air horns are allowed. Thank you for respecting our fans and players!
Club Boys Rules
All rules will be in accordance with Current NCAA standards unless otherwise noted. Tournament will consist of pool play games and no playoffs.
- Playing time will consist of 2 twenty minute running time halves with a 3 minute halftime. Games will begin promptly.
- Each team will receive one (1) 45 second timeout per game at which time the clock will stop. If a team does not return to the field in a prompt manner after the timeout they will either lose possession of the ball or be assessed a delay of game penalty.
- There will be no overtime in regulation games.
- All penalties will be running time, unless it is in the final 2 minutes during start stop time. The penalty clock will begin when the official blows the whistle to restart play.
- Substitutions will be on the fly only, except on a time serving penalty. In that case the teams will have a quick horn to get EMO or EMD on the field.
- There will be no stick checks unless requested by the opposing coach. If the stick is found to be legal, the challenging team will be assessed a timeout. If no timeouts remain, a delay of game technical foul will be assessed. If the stick is not legal, the appropriate penalty will be assessed. Sticks must meet either NCAA or NFHS standards.
- No noise makers will be allowed at any field (horns, whistles, sirens, cowbells, etc.) Offenders will be asked to leave the field.
- Any player, fan or coach ejected from a game will be prohibited from competing in/coaching/watching his/her team's next game. If a player/coach/fan is ejected for a second time he/she will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Fighting is an automatic ejection from the game, and will be determine by the officiating crew of that game
- Forfeits will be considered a 4-1 victory for the team that is prepared to play.
- Decisions on the field will be the final ruling. No disputes will be heard after the game.
- 2018 NCAA Clearing Rules – Advancing the Ball into the Attack Area: Upon gaining possession of the ball, a team must advance the ball into its attack area within 30 seconds. Failure to do so will result in a turnover, and the ball will be awarded to the opposing team at the spot of the violation. The officials will enforce this rule using their timing devices.
- Substitution Box will be 10 yards in accordance with the 2019 NCAA rules.
- Over and Back rules in effect. After offensive team touches ball in offensive zone, ball cannot cross midline.
- No shot clock will be in effect, Officials will issue a stalling warning if the winning team is stalling, the team must then keep it in the box. If they step out of the box, this will result in a turnover
- Crease Dives are Allowed
- Timeouts must be called on your offensive end in accordance with NCAA rules
- Quick Start: If an opposing player is within five yards of the player that has been awarded the ball, and the official blows the whistle to restart play, the opposing player is not allowed to defend the ball until he reaches a distance of five yards from the opponent. A violation will be a flag down (slow whistle) for delay of game.
- Over and Back rules in effect. After offensive team touches ball in offensive zone, ball cannot cross midline.
- No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
- Placement in grade based divisions will be determined by the highest grade of any player on the team. There will be no exceptions granted.
- Any violation of the tournament roster rules will result in forfeiture of any games in which the ineligible player participated and may result in disqualification from the tournament
Points will be awarded after each game in the following manner:
- 5 points for a win
- 2 points for a tie
- 0 points for a loss
One referee at each game will hold the scorecard for the game. At the end of each game the referee will record the official score and sign the scorecard. An Aloha Tournaments representative will then pick up the scorecard and return it to the registration tent. All scores and point totals will be recorded on the scoreboard in front of the registration tent.
Step 1: Invite your coaches as STAFF - this way all communications can be recieved by all coaches and invites can be monitored for roster.
To do this, please visit your Aloha Dashboard and under 'My Staff Assignments' click the 'INVITE STAFF' button for your team(s) and enter staff person email - hit send. be sure to check that they have accepted their invte and are now listed as a coach on your dashboard.
Step 2: Invite your player's parents to join your team to complete waivers
- For your team to be eligible to participate in this tournament, you must invite all your players/parents to join the roster and complete their online waivers.
- To do this, please visit your Aloha Dashboard and under 'My Staff Assignments' click the 'INVITE PLAYERS' button for your team(s). (Be sure not to click 'INVITE STAFF')
- To invite all the players at once, you can copy and paste an entire column of emails from a spreadsheet, only submit one email per child. Otherwise, both parents will try to register the same child and it will mess up your roster.
- If you have twins on your roster, you will need to re-send an invitation to the same parent again after they have registered their first child.
- You can log back into your dashboard and keep track of how many parents have registered and also re-send the invitations if needed.
Step 3: Submit your Team Roster.
- From your dashboard click on your team’s name. On the left column click on ROSTER. You will see the following message: WARNING: PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ROSTER
- You may only submit this team’s roster once. Before you submit this roster, you must verify that all players have been sent and have accepted their invitation to join this team for this particular event.
- Once players begin to accept invites you will see the message change to: The following fields must be filled out before roster can be submitted: Jersey Number
- Each player will have a red incomplete button asking for jersey number. Click on EDIT under the player's name and enter jersey number.
- Once you have entered all your players jersey numbers, hit the SUBMIT ROSTER button at the top of the page.
If you need to make any changes to your roster after submitting or have questions please contact us at (410) 252-5642 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If additional players accept invitations, or are otherwise added to this team after your roster has been submitted and you have not notified us your team may be subject to disqualification for this event.
Aloha Tournaments is a proud partner of Next Level Video to provide recruiting video services to all our high school players. All games in the High School divisions will be filmed in HD from an elevated position. You can check them out at www.nlvproductions.com. Pursuant to NLV policy, spectators at the event may record for personal, non-commercial use; provided that such person or persons do not interfere with NLV Videographer duties and do not film with professional "elevated" equipment (filmed more than five feet above ground level).
Aloha Tournaments invites every DI, DII, and DIII coach in the country to attend our recruiting events. We will provide each coach with rosters and bios to assure you have the best exposure.
2021 Diamond Invitational Attendees:
|Fairleigh Dickinson University
|Sacred Heart University
|Bryn Athyn College
|College of Wooster
|Curry College Lacrosse
|Davis and Elkins College
|Florida Southern College
|Gwynedd Mercy University
|Lake Forest College
|Lebanon Valley College
|North Greenville University
|Penn College of Technology
|St. John Fisher College
|St. Mary's College of Maryland
|University of Mary Washington
All Aloha Tournament events are smoke free, pet free and alcohol free events. No grills, generators, drones, noisemakers or air horns are allowed. Thank you for respecting our fans and players!
Involuntary Cancellation Policy – Weather, Facility Closure, COVID-19, etc.
Deposits are non-refundable for all Aloha Tournaments Lacrosse team events. Teams attending a Aloha Tournaments Lacrosse team event must pay an initial deposit with the full balance due in full 60 days prior to the event. If an event is involuntarily cancelled, teams paid in full will be offered a 90% credit or a 50% refund of their paid in full balance. Those teams not paid in full (deposit only or partial balance) will receive a 50% credit of the balance paid. Credits or refunds will be processed a minimum of 60 days after the event. Aloha Tournaments Lacrosse will not be responsible for any ancillary or related expenses incurred by any individual, team, club or organization if the tournament is canceled in whole or in part.
Voluntary Cancellation Policy – Team Chooses to Withdraw
Deposits are non-refundable for all Aloha Tournaments Lacrosse team events. Teams attending a Aloha Tournaments Lacrosse team event must pay an initial deposit with the final balance due in full 60 days prior to the event. If a team that has paid in full wishes to withdraw and submits a request at least 60 days prior to the scheduled event date, Aloha Tournaments Lacrosse will issue a full credit less the initial deposit amount or a full refund less the initial deposit amount. No credit or refund requests of any kind will be granted if a cancelation is made less than 60 days prior to the scheduled event date. Credits or refunds will be processed a minimum of 60 days after the date of the request to withdraw. Aloha Tournaments Lacrosse will not be responsible for any ancillary or related expenses incurred by any individual, team, club or organization if the team wishes to withdraw in whole or in part.
In the event of adverse weather conditions, the tournament director reserves the right to:
- Reduce the game times in order to catch up with the schedule or cancel games as needed
- Finish games before inclement weather arrives or to preserve field conditions.
- Reschedule games, if possible.
- Convert tournament to a "Festival" format without playoffs or championships to provide the majority of the teams the opportunity to play as many games as possible.
- Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the Aloha Tournaments website. However, weather conditions can change rapidly, and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather clears and fields are playable.
If thunder or lightning is observed at any location, play will be suspended immediately, and players and fans will be required to leave the field. Play will be allowed to resume 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder or sight of lightning is observed. If a game is in progress:
- The period will end immediately.
- If a game is in the second half of running time period the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded.
- If a game is in the first half of running time when play resumes it will be the start of the second half of the running time period.
- Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. If the start of the second half of the suspended game delays the onset of the subsequent game the following actions will occur:
- The suspended game will play a 20 minute running time second half.
Subsequent games will begin immediately after the preceding games (teams will warm up on the sideline prior to the game). These games will consist of one 25 minute running time period until games are back on schedule. Teams will have one 30 second timeout per game not to be used in the last two minutes of the game (the clock will not stop during these timeouts).
- Once games are back on schedule, they will revert back to 25 minute running time periods.
- We will make every attempt to play every minute of every game, but we will not jeopardize the safety of any player.
- All games canceled due to weather will be considered a 4 - 2 win for both teams.
- No refunds will be issues for any team that is disqualified due to a violation of roster or tournament rules.
- No refunds will be issued for games cancelled for forfeits, no shows, etc
- No refunds will be issued for games shortened or cancelled due to weather.
- No refunds will be issued for playoff or championship games canceled due to weather.